Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Now that I have my own blog I can finally play with Blogthings AND post my results for all to see ( see: self-confessed narcissism, in my virgin post). I just love these things! Tee Hee!!

You Are a Chimera

You are very outgoing and well connected to many people. Incredibly devoted to your family and friends, you find purpose in nurturing others. You are rarely alone, and you do best in the company of others. You are incredibly expressive, and people are sometimes overwhelmed by your strong emotions.


Meanwhile, in knitting news:
My Something (not so) Red progresses slowly but satisfyingly. There has been some absence from my appointed task, as I was distracted by a wanton Koigu toe-up sock (you know who you are, KPPPM#P115) but I have since reaffirmed my devotion to the purple cardigan. I've got her arms on some scrap yarn, have joined the body. Just a few more rows of this with continuing increases at the V neckline and I should be ready to start the body ribbing! Then I'll pick up and knit her some sleeves (3/4, I think), do the front border and (short-row) collar trim.

I'm trying not to tempt fate by getting too excited about this, but
I can really see how it's going to shape up and I'm VERY pleased!!! It's getting chilly around here and I want to wrap myself in her grapey goodness.

I can't believe it took me so long to discover the joy of top-down raglan knitting. Especially for a zaftig busty babe, this makes so much sense for shaping, allowing for trying it on and customizing the fit as you go. Yeah baby! I may never knit another bottom-up sweater again.

1 comment:

Haley said...

ciao bella! sock it to you ... are you still looking for cheap steel 2.25mm DPn for socks? i found at zellers at Roncesvalles & bloor, about 4 bucks. if you want i'll fetch for you next time i am out there.