Thursday, June 07, 2007

I had a whole night off on Monday and I really needed to find something to wear for a couple of the shows this weekend, so I called up my new BFF/SP10 Rochelle and she kindly put her plans on pause to come out with me for some retail therapy at the mall with the mostest, Yorkdale. Our SP10 hostess Robyn has reunited soul-twins cosmically separated at birth. Rochelle and I had a fabulous girls night out (okay, it was more like late afternoon and evening) - shopping, talking, dining, talking,... talking... talking. It was just what I needed.

Today I actually have a whole day off. So of course instead of being in bed where I belong, I was up at the crack of dawn - too excited about having a whole day off to actually rest and take care of myself before the whirlwind of performances that starts tomorrow. I'll be doing some laundry and some packing this morning (unlike a long weekend holiday, a diva weekend requires carting around a lot more than you can possibly imagine). Then I am going out for some R&R: a facial and mini-massage (using an old gift certificate I found among my tax receipts). After that I'll be meeting Rochelle and Robyn downtown for some fibre sustenance and bit of dinner.

Robyn's in town this weekend for the TTC knit-a-long. Rochelle is going too, as are many fabulous GTA kniterristas. I so wish I could be there, but I'll be out of town, performing morning, noon and night, and unfortunately I still haven't figured out how to be in two places at once. But I will definitely work in some KIP-ing while I am gone. I have to represent for International Knit in Public Day, when the world knitting community brings our yarn and sticks out of our homes and LYSs, and ventures into the wide world in droves, to share and celebrate our craft and to freak out the muggles just a bit. It’s fun to KIP - I do it all the time on my own, but I'd love to try it as a team sport. Sigh. Think of me while you're out there, KIP-ers.

Pssst... if you're looking for me in the next few days, I'll be here.

2 comments:

DaCraftyLady said...

Sounds like you had just too much fun..so you are near the SP10 girls...great...I am looking forward to getting my package..Debb

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it out to the group tuesday night :P try to come again if you can, its a trek but I think we are worth it!!! I'm so glad they roped me out, now i cant stay away.